Read the latest content from the SplitFocusSports.com writers:
- Slovenia: Champions of Europe - Slovenia, a nation of 2 million people, are the champions of Europe for the first time ever. Slovenia, led by their greatest ever player Goran Dragic, has been crowned as Kings of European basketball in Istanbul following their incredible 93-85 victory over basketball powerhouse Serbia. The atmosphere inside the arena was electric as thousands of […]
- Tunisia: Champions of Africa - Host nation Tunisia have won the 2017 Afrobasket, defeating holders Nigeria in the final 65-77 Saturday night in Tunis. The first 15 minutes of the game was all Nigeria, despite the hosts being buoyed by a passionate home crowd Nigeria were able to move the ball well and opened a 6 point lead at the […]
- US Open 2017: The Final Week of the Final Major - It’s the Final Countdown!! Well, not really. It is however the second week of the final Slam of the year. A lot has happened in the first week. A Nadal-Federer semi-final awaited. Surely the second week would give us everything us tennis fans wanted! Right? This is the part where the tennis gods say ‘NO. […]
- US Open 2017: Week 1 in NYC - The US Open. The last Slam of the year. What could possibly go wrong? It’s not like players are dropping like flies or anything……..never mind. The list of players who have withdrawn from the final major reads like the credits from a star-studded blockbuster: Serena Williams (pregnant and just gave birth to her daughter on […]
- Athletic forward J.R. Holder joins Riders - The reigning league and playoff Champions Leicester Riders announced a new signing today to bolster their squad heading into the new season. J.R. Holder is a 6’7″, 23-year-old forward from Atlanta, Georgia who averaged 17.7 points, 3.5 rebounds, 1.9 assists per game last season for the Jacksonville Dolphins, and has had a productive summer including […]
- Louisville alumnus joins Surrey - Illinois native Tony Hicks is the latest player to sign for the Surrey Scorchers. The 23-year-old guard played for the top US University last season averaging 14.9 points, 4.2 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.7 steals per 40 minutes, having spent his first three years of college ball playing for Penn Quakers totalling 1,060 points for […]
- Boston Celtics G-League affiliate Maine Red Claws Schedule announced - The return of NBA and NBA G-League basketball just got a little bit closer with the official schedule of the G-League being released. The Boston Celtics’ G-League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws had an excellent season last time out, winning the Atlantic division and making it to the Playoff semi finals, going down 2-0 to […]
- Champions League draw: We can’t wait! - The UEFA Champions League group stage draw has concluded and thrown up some mouth watering ties for fans to enjoy. The complete 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Group Stage draw! Most exciting group?#UCLdraw pic.twitter.com/Jf9ebJrJ9t — #UCLdraw (@ChampionsLeague) August 24, 2017 Group H is this season’s group of death with England’s Tottenham Hotspurs, playing their home games […]
- Wayne Rooney calls time on England: Finally - Wayne Rooney, hailed by some as the greatest English striker in history has officially retired from international football. After Wayne Rooney announced his international retirement today, a comparison between Rooney and Sir bobby Charlton. pic.twitter.com/czdUMgqpGX — PA Dugout (@PAdugout) August 23, 2017 Rooney, 31, ends his career as England’s highest scorer with 53 goals in […]
- Bristol announce Mayindombe capture - The Bristol Flyers have announced the signing of 29-year-old Greek Guard Pascal Mayindombe. Mayindombe averaged 7.9 points per game for the Durham Wildcats back in 2014, their final season in the BBL.
Follow @SplitFocusSports on twitter for updates
Follow SplitFocusSports on Facebook for latest posts and live video.