Read the latest content from the SplitFocusSports.com writers:
- Match Report: Nadal vs. Wawrinka - La Decima beckons for Nadal. A 4th Slam title beckons for Wawrinka. Nadal is the favourite on what is, essentially, his home court. Or his favourite at least. If any tennis player can be said to have a home court advantage, it’s Rafa on Philippe Chatrier. Coupled with projected temperatures upwards of 34°C, it was […]
- Half-baked @ Roland Garros Part 2. - DAY 9- 05/06 Day 9 saw everything go to plan and was the first day in the whole tournament, so far, where there were no upsets! The last 3 unseeded men’s players- Karen Khachanov, Fernando Verdasco and Kevin Anderson- were all sent packing. The last Frenchman, Gael Monfils, lost to Stan Wawrinka. On the women’s […]
- Half-baked @ Roland Garros: French Open 2017 - There is something about the Grand Slams that is 100% more exciting and spine-tingly than the other tournaments in the year: the high probability of upsets, marathon matches (2008 Wimbledon finals, anyone?) and high(er) quality play. This year’s French Open has reached its halfway point and as we go into the business end of the […]
- 2016-17 NBA Finals Preview - The NBA finals are here and for the third straight season, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors will battle for NBA Title. The latest matchup in their historic trio of Finals will need to something special to top last season's exceptional comeback for Cleveland, reversing a 3-1 deficit to win in 7 games, in Golden State at the death.
- Drew Sullivan calls it a career - One of the very best British basketball players has called time on his career. Darren Paul has a brief run down of Drew Sullivan's hall of fame worthy career.
- Your Summer Sport Sorted - Darren Paul has the definitive guide to alternative summer sports viewing before the football season kicks off again.
- 2017 NFL Draft: The Prelude and the Aftermath - I don’t know whether it’s just me or if the NFL Draft really is a cleverly conceived disguise for a 3-ring circus. It seems like every year, from the day after the Super Bowl to the day of the draft, there’s always something in the news about it; and it’s always the same old stuff: […]
- BBL playoff Final Leicester Riders vs Newcastle Eagles - The Leicester Riders are the 2016/17 BBL Playoff champions following a dominant win over a poor Newcastle Eagles by a score of 84-63. The Riders dominated the game from the opening minute and were well worth their win, in a scoreline that flattered the Eagles, who did not turn up. The Leicester Riders started […]
- WBBL Playoff Final: Sevenoaks Suns – Nottingham Wildcats - The Sevenoaks Suns fairytale season got the ending it deserved with a dominant 70-61 win over the Nottingham Wildcats to clinch the WBBL Playoff title, as the Nottingham outfit wonder what more they could do to win a WBBL playoff championship. The Suns were well worth their victory, locking down the Wildcats in the second […]
- Leicester Riders vs Newcastle Eagles BBL Playoff Final Preview - The BBL Playoff finals are finally here. The league champions Leicester Riders will host the league runners-up Newcastle Eagles at the o2 arena on Sunday in front of a packed crowd. The final is a replay of the 2012/13 final which the Riders won, and Newcastle will do everything in their power to get one […]
Follow @SplitFocusSports on twitter for updates
Follow SplitFocusSports on Facebook for latest posts and live video.