Read the latest content from the SplitFocusSports.com writers:
- Bowling by the Beach. Colwyn Bay Bowls Festival 2017 - One event attracting elite competitors you may not be aware of, however, is the Colwyn Bay Bowls Festival. Colwyn Bay has hosted an annual Bowling festival for over 30 years attracting some of the top bowls players in the country to North Wales.
- FA introduces retrospective diving ban, but is it enough? - Friday night sees the return of the Football League in England and with it a new rule to retrospectively punish divers, but does it go far enough?
- Week 2 @ Wimbledon: Manic Monday to Finals Sunday - Let’s be honest here, Wimbledon 2017’s first week was not overly interesting. Sure, the women’s side of the draw was upset central for most of it, but on the men’s side it seemed business as usual and looked like the Big Four would steamroll all the way to the semis and then duke it out […]
- Wimbledon 2017: Week 1 Round-up - My first foray into tennis blogging (see my pieces on the recent French Open to jog your memory) was both enjoyable and therapeutic…………what better way to take out some sport-induced rage than to write about it? So here’s foray number 2: Wimbledon. Yes, tennis fans, its that time again! The long anticipated, much awaited and […]
- Match Report: Nadal vs. Wawrinka - La Decima beckons for Nadal. A 4th Slam title beckons for Wawrinka. Nadal is the favourite on what is, essentially, his home court. Or his favourite at least. If any tennis player can be said to have a home court advantage, it’s Rafa on Philippe Chatrier. Coupled with projected temperatures upwards of 34°C, it was […]
- Half-baked @ Roland Garros Part 2. - DAY 9- 05/06 Day 9 saw everything go to plan and was the first day in the whole tournament, so far, where there were no upsets! The last 3 unseeded men’s players- Karen Khachanov, Fernando Verdasco and Kevin Anderson- were all sent packing. The last Frenchman, Gael Monfils, lost to Stan Wawrinka. On the women’s […]
- Half-baked @ Roland Garros: French Open 2017 - There is something about the Grand Slams that is 100% more exciting and spine-tingly than the other tournaments in the year: the high probability of upsets, marathon matches (2008 Wimbledon finals, anyone?) and high(er) quality play. This year’s French Open has reached its halfway point and as we go into the business end of the […]
- 2016-17 NBA Finals Preview - The NBA finals are here and for the third straight season, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors will battle for NBA Title. The latest matchup in their historic trio of Finals will need to something special to top last season's exceptional comeback for Cleveland, reversing a 3-1 deficit to win in 7 games, in Golden State at the death.
- Drew Sullivan calls it a career - One of the very best British basketball players has called time on his career. Darren Paul has a brief run down of Drew Sullivan's hall of fame worthy career.
- Your Summer Sport Sorted - Darren Paul has the definitive guide to alternative summer sports viewing before the football season kicks off again.
Follow @SplitFocusSports on twitter for updates
Follow SplitFocusSports on Facebook for latest posts and live video.